How do you know if you need a GVM Upgrade?
So you have been online, been on the forums, Facebook etc and you are still unsure?
It doesn’t matter if you are purchasing a brand new vehicle or upgrading an existing one, we can assist you with information to help you decided whether a GVM Upgrade is required or not.
We might as well start right at the beginning, after all this all might be news to you. GVM stands for Gross Combined Mass, this is the weight of your vehicle including all accessories, passengers and luggage. What is GCM? This is the total combined weight of both your vehicle, its payload and what you are towing. To calculate GCM you add GVM to Towing capacity (after upgrade, prior it is manufacture specified).
So do you need GVM Upgrade?
With all 4×4 setups the first questions we will ask you are:
What are your plans for your vehicle, what accessories do you intend to fit, and what are you planning on carrying and towing? Are you using vehicle for work or short or long term travel?
These points are very important to consider especially if you are buying a new 4×4. GVM Upgrades can be done before or after vehicle’s first registration but you will save yourself some money if you get Upgrade fitted before vehicles 1st rego and your vehicle will be Federally compliant.
Even better news now is that if you increase your GVM with a Lovells GVM Upgrade the GCM (Gross Combined Mass) will also increase. (See Values Below)
Existing Vehicle? Yes, you can still GVM Upgrade and the good news is that we can upgrade to maximum limits available!
You may have already discovered your 4×4 it is exceeding its GVM, good news is that yes we can still install a GVM Upgrade to your vehicle. We will have it passed by our engineer and you will be on your way. Your vehicle will then be State Compliant which means if you move or sell vehicle interstate it may need to be approved again by an engineer in that state or territory. You will still be covered to drive it Australia wide and compliance will only be affected if you move or sell your vehicle interstate.
Is your vehicle on this list?
GVM Upgrades are available for:
Lovells GVM Upgrades for Toyota, Nissan, Ford and Mazda
Lovells hold Compliance Plate Approvals as a Second Stage Manufacturer (SSM) for:
LOVELLS GROSS VEHICLE MASS (GVM) UPGRADES and GCM Values
– CPA 25742, Toyota Landcruiser LC70 Cab Chassis/Troop Carrier GVM Upgrade to 3900kg. (Original GVM is 3300kg)- GCM=7400kg
– CPA 25742, Toyota Landcruiser LC79 Cab Chassis Single Cab 5 Star ANCAP GVM Upgrade to 4200kg. (Original GVM is 3400kg)- GCM=7700kg
– CPA 25742-8 Toyota Landcruiser LC76 Series 4 door Wagon GVM Upgrade to 3660kg. (Original GVM is 3000kg)- GCM=7160kg
– CPA 28971 Nissan Patrol Cab Chassis Y61 GVM Upgrade to 3900kg. (Original GVM is 3400kg)- STATE COMPLIANCE ONLY
– CPA 40257 Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series Wagon GVM Upgrade to 3800kg (Original GVM is 3300kg)- GCM=7300kg
– CPA 40257 Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series Wagon GVM Upgrade to 3800kg (Original GVM is 3300kg) with 4000kg BTC Upgrade- GCM=7800kg
– CPA 42029 Toyota Hilux 150 Series 4×4 3/05-2015 GVM Upgrade to 3300kg (up from standard GVM of 2710kg- Extra Cab, 2780kg- Dual Cab and 2835kg- Single Cab)- STATE COMPLIANCE ONLY
– CPA 46728 Ford Ranger 4×4 GVM Upgrade to 3500kg. (Original GVM is 3200kg).- GCM=7000kg
– CPA 47037 Mazda BT50 4×4 GVM Upgrade to 3500kg. (Original GVM is 3200kg). – GCM=7000kg
– CPA 47909 Toyota Hilux GUN126 Series 4×4 2015 on GVM Upgrade to 3500kg (Original GVM of 3000kg)- GCM=7000kg
– CPA 47908 Isuzu D Max 4×4 06/12 on GVM Upgrade to 3500kg (Original GVM of 2950kg)- GCM=7000kg
– CPA 48305 Toyota Prado 150 Series 10/09 on GVM Upgrade to 3500kg (Original GVM of 3000kg)- GCM=6000kg
It can be confusing so please call us and we will be happy to give you more information and if required organise your GVM Upgrade for you. Greentree’s Solutions 02 4776 514